Surprisingly often, I am asked where I find a specific ingredient, or where I find all the finishing touches on my treats, sweets and desserts. While 90% of my ingredients can be sourced at plain ol’ grocery shops (I am a fan of Trader Joes , but obviously shop at “normal” grocery stores as well), these are the places where I find some of the “less readily available things”. Most have shops here in the greater Boston area, but some are online ordering as well.
– Formaggio Kitchen, Cambridge, MA: Cheeses galore, oil, condiments and rare baking supplies. Also, Julia Child loved this place.
– Stonewall Kitchen, Wells, ME: Jams, Jellies, Sauces and all those little finishing touches
– Pappadelle’s Pasta, Seattle, WA: love the unique pasta flavors and shapes!
– Fancy Flours, Bozeman, MT: If you’ve ever wondered where I get the final touches for my sweets, it’s from here.
– O&Co, Boston, MA: Best Olive Oil that I have ever tried, particularly the basil infused one
– Savenor’s Market and Butcher Shop, Boston and Cambridge, MA: Some of the best cuts of meat and specialty meats around. Another one of Julia’s places.